7:16 PM 1 Comment »
I feel I'm beginning to figure out who I am. I think I have always known but sometimes my severe insecurities talk me into thinking that I don't know who I really am on the inside. Spring break is here for me now, except looking out the window into a winter wonderland is quite surreal. We have about 10 inches of snow right now. I've spent the first 3 days of spring break doing nothing really, yesterday Collin, my good friend Jenni and I went to see monsters vs. aliens and afterward built a giant snowman taller than myself. I've been spending so much time away from the "world" it's as though all of my friendships have literally disintegrated right before me. I know they are all pretty much gone and I have no clue how to rebuild them or if I honestly want to. Part of me has become very very antisocial. It's hard to spend time with people or have relationships because I almost don't want to be involved with people. There's really no good way to give any sort of insight into my thought process lately. Thinking of how I used to have tons of friends and now only have at most a handful makes me sad but I have no desire or know how to fix it.
My headaches have been bad lately, and the insurance company denied me going back to U of M. Maybe I've lost hope or maybe the reality is setting in so there is no point in fussing over something I have NO control over.
I hope all is well for you.
My headaches have been bad lately, and the insurance company denied me going back to U of M. Maybe I've lost hope or maybe the reality is setting in so there is no point in fussing over something I have NO control over.
I hope all is well for you.

1 comments:
Hi Sarah,
I was glad to see that you posted again. I like your new picture! :)
Please don't give up hope. And don't be discouraged about friendships. I have found that chronic illness is very isolating. People do care about you, though, and maybe you are finding who your "true" friends are.
Don't give up pursuing an answer to your medical issues. Can you go to a different ns? Could your primary doctor appeal the decision by insurance? Sometimes a no means that you just need to find another approach. Perhaps visiting your primary doc several times to continue documenting your condition would help? Does your health plan have an agent that can work on an appeal on your behalf? I don't know--just ideas.
Keep your chin up, Sarah! Don't give up!
Cindy
Post a Comment