6:08 AM 3 Comments »
I'm starting to look in other directions for answers instead of just Chiari related things. Lately my biggest complaint is the headaches, the forever foggy feeling I have and the temperature intolerance. If I get too warm my heart begins to race and I feel nauseas and exhausted, if I get too cold I begin to shiver and my body is ICE cold. I've been feeling so much fatigue as well. I did a google search of temperature intolerance and found a page about thyroid problems which create a foggy feeling and a temperature intolerance. It may not be anything but atleast its a new place to start.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Sarah,

I am glad that you are moving forward and checking into new things. Do you have a good general doc? Thyroid is a great thing to check--it can really throw things out of whack. Maybe a check on your hormone levels might be good, too? If they are drawing blood, have them check as much as they can!

I hope this new direction brings you some answers! I continue to pray for you.

Cindy

Ber. said...

That sounds alot like my mom.
Her tempertures are also extreme and she has a thyroid problem as well.
I love you, stay strong.

Med Student said...

Hi,

First, I am very sorry that you have not found a resolution to your symptoms. Second, my sister had chiari I decompression for a hereditary chiari and was under the weather (so to speak) for about 6 months. She was very foggy untill she got a perscription for stimulents (dextroamphetamine) from a psychiatrist. Finally there is lack of good data on decompression and its complications in part because there is a lack of a good understanding of the full range of consequences of Chiari 1. All we really know is 1) Brain is too big for cranial cavity. 2) Association with HCTD 3)Blocking CSF flow leads to issues. So, the current main stay surgury(sx) treats 3, hopes 2 isn't an issue (Cause otherwise the NSx gets to do REALLY cool sx... and that means it suck to be the pt...) while ignoring 1 cause that's too messy to fix. I have also been advised to consider decompression so I'm as amazed as you are at the lack of actual data on this issue as you are. If you have anymore questions please contact me at matt.kortes@gmail.com.