6:56 AM 2 Comments »



I found this photograph today, it sort of struck me in a weird way. I go on everyday like a normal person. The only difference with me is that I have Arnold Chiari. It's not that I forget that I have Chiari, its just sometimes I feel normal again. Sometimes I forget that I have a scar (even though its still really scabby). I forget that a little over a month ago I had to get brain surgery.

My headaches are still here, everyday all day long. I'm now on valume as well as vicodin and neither of those things are working. On top of that, my throat is killing me, I'm on antibiotics but it hasn't helped me yet. I'm hoping this week is much better than last.

On a positive note, I got nominated from my teachers at school to do a science program in the summer. In order to win the all expense paid trip to work with a researcher I have to write a story about my life. The boy that won it last year had a pretty powerful story about his drug addicted mother among other things. I have no idea what to write, or even where to start. Finals are this week and I'm behind still in school because I can hardly make it through the 2 hours of school I'm attending now. I also have drivers training Monday-Thursday 3-5 pm. My life is busy, and I'm just not quite sure I can handle it all, but I'm trying. I know it seems like I'm a big downer, but this is my venting spot. This is where I let everything out. Nobody else knows about these things, my thoughts and true feelings, nobody but the people reading.


Through all of this though, my boyfriend has been amazingly supportive. He is there for me, Helping me through every obstacle that faces me. He is there for me at my best and worst times, even when I'm sitting on my kitchen floor almost in tears. It feels good to know that he will be here for me no matter what, it's one of those things that keeps me going every single day.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Sarah,

Just me again. I am glad to see that you are back. I was hoping the headaches hadn't taken a dramatic turn for the worse but sorry they aren't better. Does it seem like pain in the head from the surgery or a headache? Funny question to ask but there is a difference. Have you talked to your neuro about the headaches? Did you have them before surgery? I wonder if it would be worth asking questions--if you haven't already?
Cindy

Sangelini said...

I actually have spoken to my neurosurgeon, I was having extreme headaches before my surgery. Last week they admitted me into the hospital because I had blood crusted into my hair. After the surgery I was headache free for about a week, and then they all came back as bad as ever. She told me my body could just be readjusting but I don't feel that's all the way accurate. I feel like there's more!